From Benz Wiki
(Topoi? WTF is "topoi"?!) ;-P --BenTremblay 11:48, 28 March 2008 (PDT)
Quick Take: "Meaning = Data + Structure: User Generated Structure" from Lightspeed Venture Partners; slightly related: "Free! Why $0.00 Is the Future of Business from Wired / techbix / IT
- Top of mind just now: "Managing Semi-Structured Data", "Epistemology of a Rule-based Expert System" and "The Neural Basis of Predicate-Argument Structure" And (thanks to my LiveJournal friend "cluttered_mind") : "Knowledge Representation Logical, Philosophical, and Computational Foundations"
- Also on the shelf: "Some Thoughts About the Social Implications of Accessible Computing"
For the fun of it: HumanBrainCloud
NB: this is 1 half.
- Samuel Rose
- Denham Grey
- Think New Orleans - blog and wiki in connection with Citizens' Road Home Action Team
- Mitten Artworks (in renovation; plentiful 404s - bdt)
- Bill Tozier: "Notional Slurry" (links blog -bdt) and Tozier Consulting (4 topics; no links -bdt)
- Jerry Michalski's blog, podcast, project writings and more -
- "Since 1998, Jerry has been an independent consultant, doing business as Sociate, a name he coined because he is skilled at associating ideas and people, and also because he believes that the social changes that we are going through as a result of all the new connectivity (e.g., Internet, cell phones, inexpensive cameras, podcasting) will be more profound than the structural and economic changes we have already seen."
- Nancy White: Full Circle Associates; "Communications, planning, and connected solutions for a changing world" -
- International expert in understanding and practicing online group facilitation of distributed work, learning and community groups (presenter, writer, teacher, coach, facilitator, rapporteur); Designer and builder of online interaction spaces (events, teams, learning groups)' Experienced facilitator for live online and offline events (meetings, focus groups)
- the goal: "using the revolutionary power of the Internet and new information technology to enable citizens to learn more about what Congress and their elected representatives are doing, and thus help reduce corruption, ensure greater transparency and accountability by government, and foster public trust in the vital institutions of democracy."
- N E T L A B _ at the University of Toronto (Very nifty Web1.0/Flash front menu! -bdt)
- orgnet.com - OrgNet.Net -
- ""Social network analysis software & services for organizations, communities, and their consultants. "InFlow" - Social and Organizational Network Mapping & Measuring Software & Services"
- 0xDECAFBAD accumulator - "This is an accumulator of things I've left lying around across the web." (Alas, this has become no more than a Last.FM play list. C'est dommage -bdt)
- InfoCloud Solutions, Inc. - Ease Information Reuse
- "InfoCloud Solutions helps ease the interaction between an organization's information and the people interested in it, so people may use and reuse it easily to meet needs in their life."
- "I was one of approx. 40 people in Kansas City who were a part of the BBS community and we had a lot of fun together. We visited each other's BBS's, posted in discussions, chatted with each other, and occasionally gathered in person. Some of those people - you know who you are - I still consider close friends. Others disappeared into the ether (and are probably somewhere on the net), never to be seen or heard from again."
- "MTS was a command line oriented system which provided the usual facilities of a 1970's era IBM mainframe compatible operating system which came out of the University of Michigan in the early 1970s, developed and maintained by a consortium of universities around the world."
- "We call them "HipBone Games" because of the old song, "the hip-bone connected to the thigh-bone", and because they are games of connection, of the links between ideas. [These g]ames are so simple a child can play them: if you've ever thought, "and that reminds me", or "isn't that like such and such", you've already got the basic idea."
- Brief Biography (George H. Brett II -bdt)
By Way of Context
From my 03FEB08 "Web2.0 ... Epiphany doesn't just happen":
- I reached a watershed moment with " John Willinsky's OpenAccess text "If Only We Knew; Increasing the public value of social science research" open and sitting /there/ alongside " Jürgen Habermas' "Discourse Ethics"
- on John Willinsky -"Accessing medical information; Dr. John Willinsky makes the case for open access to research publications."; "An Interview with Open Medicine's Publisher - John Willinsky"; a review of Willinsky's "The access principle: the case for open access to research and scholarship"; "The Access Principle The Case for Open Access to Research and Scholarship" MIT Press (2005).
- on Jürgen Habermas - " "Moral Conciousness and Communicative Action" (Studies in Contemporary German Social Thought) by Habermas, Christian Lenhardt, and Shierry Weber Nicholsen (2001), and "" Justification and Application: Remarks on Discourse Ethics", both at Amazon.
must improve: OpenAccess